Acceptable Use Policy
What is this Document?
This is Stream It Networks LLC’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), which is part of your Terms of Service. By ordering a service from Stream It Networks LLC or by using a service provided by us, you accept this policy and agree to follow the rules explained in it. This document is just as binding as the Terms of Service.
We may revise this policy at will. Changes are in force as soon as the revised document is published. "Published" means uploaded to our website. Any changes will apply instantly only to the portion of the Terms of Service contained in this document. 30 Days notice must still be given by Stream It Networks LLC for any changes to other parts of the Terms of Service not included in this document.
You are responsible for keeping up with the provisions of the AUP. However, there is nothing peculiar or tricky in this document, nor will there be in future. Courteous, law-abiding behavior almost always falls within the limits of the AUP.
Customer, I, you, your: means a person, a company, or legal entity who subscribes to a service provided by Stream It Networks LLC
User: Also refers to a person, company or legal entity who subscribes to a service provided by Stream It Networks LLC, but also includes someone who also uses the same service
Service: Any service provided by Stream It Networks LLC
Equipment: Means any hardware or device provided by Stream It Networks LLC for use by a customer.
AUP: Acceptable Use Policy
Stream It Networks LLC or we or us: Stream It Networks LLC, 251 N Villa Ave, Willows, CA 95988
What is an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Every reputable Internet or telecommunications provider has an Acceptable Use Policy, or AUP. Its purpose is to describe what kinds of behavior are acceptable while you are using the ISP's services--or rather, to describe what kinds of behavior are not acceptable, why this is so, and what will happen if you engage in them in violation of the AUP.
Some of the rules are based on the law, and some on the Internet conventions that have developed in the last two or three decades. These conventions are not arbitrary. Internet users created them by discovering, by trial and error, what works and what doesn't.
The Internet only works if the people using it cooperate to use the Internet sensibly.
What happens if you violate the AUP?
If you do something illegal or otherwise in violation of the guidelines given here, we will take action.
If you do something blatantly illegal or directly harmful to life or property, we may immediately suspend or close your account and shut down your access to the Internet. Especially: If you use your Stream It Networks LLC account or Stream It Networks LLC service to send unsolicited bulk messages, we will close your account.
We are required by law to report some kinds of behavior to law enforcement, including (but not limited to) child abuse and child pornography of any kind, terrorism, and certain kinds of threats.
If you do something less directly harmful, Stream It Networks LLC will send you a warning or make contact with you.
If you continue to violate the AUP, Stream It Networks LLC will close your account. You have the right to disagree with us, but the decision is Stream It Networks LLC’s alone.
If someone else uses your account to do something which violates the AUP, you are still responsible and may have your account suspended or closed. If this is done without your knowledge, you are still responsible. If you can convince us that you will control access to your account more closely in future, we may reinstate your account without prejudice.
In any event, whether your account is suspended or closed, Stream It Networks LLC does not owe you credit. If you lose access because of your own or your users' behavior, you will not get a refund. Outstanding charges still apply. There may be a disconnection and or reconnection fee that may be charged.
Stream It Networks LLC offers access to the Internet and other telecommunication services. However, the Internet or telephone network is not owned, operated, managed by, or in any way affiliated with Stream It Networks LLC. The Internet is a separate network of computers independent of Stream It Networks LLC. Your use of the Internet and telephone network is solely at your own risk and is subject to all
applicable local laws and regulations. Your access to the Internet and telephone network is dependent on numerous factors, technologies, and systems, most of which are beyond Stream It Networks LLC authority and control.
You are not to run a dedicated server, serving resources accessible to the internet outside the Stream It Networks LLC network using your Stream It Networks LLC service. This includes Http, ftp, or any other major protocol based resource / service. Note that we do not mind small amounts of usage with regard to remote control applications such as RDP or VNC as well as limited personal use such as file transfers between home and work.
All local laws must be followed when using a service provided by Stream It Networks LLC
You need to avoid certain activities in connection with your Stream It Networks LLC service besides outright crime.
- harassing anyone
- violating anyone's privacy
- attempting to use Stream It Networks LLC as a starting point for an activity that will intentionally hurt or annoy someone
- participating in chain letters
- harassing, threatening, or abusing Stream It Networks LLC staff
- excessive posting or otherwise abusing Usenet
- sending bulk unsolicited emails (spam)
- using Stream It Networks LLC for any spam-related purpose
- making available any software, script, product, or service that will violate this AUP (this includes, but is not limited to, programs for the distribution of spam)
- forging or falsifying any information, including (but not limited to) TCP/IP packet headers or any part of the header information in an email message or Usenet posting
- email "bombing" or flooding
- any attempt to overload Stream It Networks LLC's, or any other, system
- network-unfriendly activity or "hacking" that interferes with normal network operations
- attempts to gain unauthorized access to ("hack into") Stream It Networks LLC's servers, or to access Stream It Networks LLC data, accounts, systems or networks, or to find security holes in a Stream It Networks LLC system, whether these attempts are electronic or otherwise.
- any activity which could damage, disable, overload or impair Stream It Networks LLC's services
- sending scripts or data to chat programs to cause rapid scrolling and prevent people from reading the dialog members using bots on IRC
- Intentionally leaving open SMTP ports so as to allow the sending of unsolicited email by a third party. That is, if you are running a mail server on a Stream It Networks LLC account, you may not leave it open for email relay.
- Please note that Stream It Networks LLC reserves the right to send announcements and other email to its customers. That is not spam. You agree to receive such email when you order a Stream It Networks LLC service.
"Data" means text, pictures, software, recordings, or any other form of information. In the event of complaints against your data, Stream It Networks LLC alone will determine whether the file or information in question is unacceptable.
Stream It Networks LLC supports the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet. We do not monitor what you are receiving or transmitting in the form of email, web pages, or other data. We do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, email message, Usenet posting, or other data created through or accessible via our service. However, we may remove any materials that we believe to be illegal or in some other way violate Stream It Networks LLC's policies, or may subject us to liability.
If you run your own web server, email server, or any other kind of server, you are totally responsible for those servers and their content. Make sure you are aware of any laws regarding the material you are providing, including copyright laws. You should contact Stream It Networks LLC to talk about running your own server as it may violate the server-specific clause above.
Do not upload, email, post or otherwise distribute data which is:
- unlawful or illegal under the laws of California & the United States
- invasive of another's privacy
- intended to victimize, harass, degrade, or intimidate a person or group on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or any other reason
- Intended for use in distributing unsolicited bulk mail, "hacking," or other proscribed activities.
More Unacceptable Activities
If you shouldn't do it in "real life," you shouldn't do it on the Internet or when using the telephone. Do not do any of these things using the Stream It Networks LLC service:
- false advertising
- unsolicited advertising
- copyright violations
- use of trademark or service mark to which you have no rights
- trade secret violations
- any intentional disruption of communication.
- You may not use Stream It Networks LLC to work around some other ISP's rules or to abuse another service.
- You may not use any part of the Stream It Networks LLC service to support an activity done elsewhere which violates this AUP. For instance, you can't link to a web site hosted at Stream It Networks LLC in unsolicited bulk email even if you send it from another service.
Valid Return Email Address
All emails sent by you must have a valid return email address.
Moving of Stream It Networks LLC’s Equipment
No equipment supplied by Stream It Networks LLC may be removed from its installed position unless you have permission from Stream It Networks LLC. It remains property of Stream It Networks LLC.